My Hero Academia One’s Justice finally receives it’s first full gameplay trailer. This one contains all confirmed characters so far – which is 12 to date – Izuku “Deku” Midoriya, All Might, Tomura Shigaraki, Katsuki Bakugo, Ochacho Uraraka, Tenya Iida, Shoto Todoroki, Tsuyu Asui, Denki Kaminari, Momo Yayorozu, Shota Aizawa, and Hero Killer: Stain. For the first minute of the trailer, it features gameplay and the quirks (the name of superpowers in My Hero Academia) for the students in Class 1-A.
Afterwards, a “Sidekick System” is featured. It shows players can call upon up to 2 assist characters to support them in battle. From the gameplay trailer, in order to call out an assist, it seems the character stops for a brief moment. Once the support jumps out, then the player can start moving again unless they are in the midst of a combo, then the support adds to the attack. At least that’s what it seems like, the depth of this system hasn’t been revealed yet.
Also shown is wall running and stage destruction. The stage destruction seems to be mixed destruction of both buildings and the ground! The stages we see in the first full gameplay trailer seem to be inside UA High School, outside of UA High School, Hosu City, Ground Beta, and the Sports Festival Stadium.
At the 1:41 mark, we see the adults heroes and villains – Stain, Aizawa, Shugaraki, and All Might.
My Hero Academia One’s Justice will be released later this year (2018) on PS4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan and PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC/Steam everywhere else worldwide.
Here are the official profiles for all confirmed characters so far.
- Izuku “Deku” Midoriya is the main protagonist of My Hero Academia and designed as a short-range power type. He is a boy who dreams of becoming a hero. Although born “Quirkless,” the qualities of a hero were discovered to be hidden within him, and he inherited the “One For All” Quirk from the legendary hero All Might. His desire to save people is unusually strong.
- Tomura Shigaraki is the main villain in My Hero Academia and shrouded in mystery, his background is completely unknown. While his reasons are uncertain, he is planning to kill All Might. He is the self-proclaimed leader of the League of Villains. He seems to have a Quirk that can decay anything he touches with his hands.
- Katsuki Bakugo is one of the most talented recruits of the U.A High School but has an explosive temper and rivals Izuku. He admires All Might but wants to one day become his equal.
- All Might is the Earth’s mightiest Hero symbolising peace and justice which inspired Izuku and Katuski to become Heroes.
- Tsuyu Asui is a U.A. student with a frog-like appearance. Her Quirk allows her to do anything a frog can do such as extending her tongue to a maximum of 20 meters. She can also stick to walls and use a Camouflage ability. Tsuyu’s hero costume changes colors along with her, in order to blend in with her surroundings.
- Denki Kaminari’s Quirk allows him to channel electricity from his body and shoot it. He cares for his allies deeply and is often afraid of hurting them with his electrical powers. Once he knows they are safe, he can unleash his true powers using his special move “Indiscriminate Discharge 1,300,000 volts”.
- Momo Yaoyorozu is the Vice President of Class 1-A. She is an extremely smart student who acts as a natural leader to her classmates, she was born in a famous Hero family and dreams of becoming a pro hero. Her Quirk is extremely powerful as it gives the ability to create any non-living materials via molecular manipulation. If she understands how something is made, she will be able to create it herself using her fat cells as material.
- Shoto Todoroki is the son of the Earth’s second strongest hero Endeavor. As a genius student he can master two quirks, the ice from his mother and the fire of his father. He has always suffered the pressure of his upbringing and is now determined to forge his own path to become a Hero.
- Ochaco Uraraka is one of Deku’s closest friend. She is lively, positive and always finding a way to inspire people. Her quirk gives her the power to manipulate gravity. She wants to become a hero to offer a comfortable life to her parents.
- Tenya Iida uses his super speed to be the first one to help others. As Class 1-A’s representative, Tenya takes personal responsibility over the safety of his classmates. His inspiration comes from his older brother wanting to become a hero similar to him.
- Stain is the horrifying Hero Killer that can paralyze his target by ingesting samples of their blood. He licks the blood from his knife to activate his Quirk. What could have happened in his life for him to grow such a hatred for Heroes?
- Shota Aizawa, also known as Eraser Head, is a Pro Hero and the teacher of U.A.’s Class 1-A. His Quirk gives him the ability to nullify anyone’s powers just by looking at them.