Bandai Namco Entertainment is serving a new helping of the Dragon Ball FigherZ open beta starting January 17, 2018 at 9 PM Pacific Time on both Xbox One and PS4. In the Western part of the United States, that’s today, but for most of the world that is January 18, 2018 (12 midnight Eastern Time, 5:00 AM UK Time). The beta will be open for a full 24 hours. Bandai Namco is promising an improved online experience for FighterZ to enjoy!
The content for this new open beta period is the same as the previous. It includes playable characters Nappa, Beerus, Kid Buu, Adult Gohan, Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, Android 18, Piccolo, and Krillin.
The stages in the open beta are Planet Namek, World Tournament Arena, West City, Volcano, Wasteland, Cell Games Arena, and Rocky Field (Evening).
As for modes are World Match, Battle Tutorial, Rankings, Replay Channel, a limited amount of stamps, lobby avatar customization, and 2 dramatic scenes.
- World Match is where players go in for battle and there will be an option to select between casual (not ranked) and ranked matches.
- Battle Tutorial is where players go to learn how to play Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Replay Channel is where players can go back to see past fights that have taken place and been saved in the FighterZ archives.
- Stamps are a way for players to express themselves quickly in the online lobby. They are basically an expression using the face of a playable character combined with text like Nice, thank you, see you later, will you practice with me, okay, or want to fight.
- Lobby Avatar Customization allows players to select the character they want to walk around as in the online lobby.
- Dramatic scenes are recreations of scenes from Dragon Ball Z or Super in the Dragon Ball FighterZ art-style. They are triggered during a battle. In the open beta, it is Goku going Super Saiyan for the first time before the match and Frieza firing a beam at Goku after the match is over. You can watch those particular scenes on the Dragon Ball FighterZ: New Gameplay and Dramatic Scenes from Major DBZ Arcs post.
Dragon Ball Fighter Z Related Articles
Dragon Ball FighterZ: New Gameplay and Dramatic Scenes from Major DBZ Arcs
Dragon Ball FighterZ: Another Open Beta Period Coming Soon
Dragon Ball FighterZ: Final Game File Size is Less Than 5 GB
Dragon Ball FighterZ Open Beta Playable Characters, Modes, Stages Revealed
Dragon Ball FighterZ: PC Steam Requirements, SSGSS Trailers
Dragon Ball FighterZ: Beerus Joins the Open Beta
Dragon Ball FighterZ: The Anime/Manga References for 22 Confirmed Characters
Dragon Ball FighterZ: Anime Music Pack Releases March 1, 2018
Dragon Ball FighterZ: Open Beta Begins January 13 on PS4 and Xbox One
Dragon Ball FighterZ New Gameplay Shows Dramatic Finish, Hit/Goku Black VS Beerus
Dragon Ball FighterZ: New Trailer Shows Hit, Beerus, Black and Memorable Scenes
Dragon Ball FighterZ: Goku Black with Zamasu, Beerus, Hit Join Playable Character Roster
Dragon Ball FighterZ is a 3-vs-3 team battle fighting game in development by Arc System Works, the same developer as the acclaimed Guilty Gear fighting game franchise. Dragon Ball FighterZ delivers an explosive, action-packed game that combines classic 2D fighting with advanced 3D character models that look and feel as if they are straight out of the Dragon Ball series. It will will incorporate ultra high-speed battles and various flashy moves, including Goku’s iconic Kamehameha. Dragon Ball FighterZ will be published by Bandai Namco Entertainment on January 26, 2018 in North America and Europe and on February 1, 2018 in Japan.