Toei Animation (the Japanese animation studio behind Dragon Ball) and Funimation (the company behind the English dub of Dragon Ball) have announced a whole set of new and renewed license agreements for the Dragon Ball franchise. This means new and official products related to Dragon Ball, including Dragon Ball Super, will be available at retailers throughout the United States and Canada for fans to add to their collection!
Below is a list of companies Toei and Funimation have teamed up with and the products they will be selling in the United States and Canada. This list doesn’t include video games, which are published by Bandai Namco Entertainment worldwide. Toei Animation and Funimation are actively looking for more licensing partners for “Dragon Ball Super” themed merchandise in several categories including bags, headwear and bedding and underwear so expect more Dragon Ball-themed products in the future.
- Bioworld: creates new Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Z-themed collection that includes a host of merchandise ranging from t-shirts, fashion cut and sew tops, bottoms, skirts, dresses and leggings to sweaters, hoodies, vests, jackets, joggers, athleisure and novelty apparel.
- Bandai: Leading manufacturer and master toy licensee for the Dragon Ball franchise will release a new line of Dragon Ball Super toys starting in Fall 2017.
- Calendar Holdings: The leading supplier of calendars, with a collection of more than 6,000 calendars, will produce a new series of themed calendars based on Dragon Ball Super
- DigitalSoaps: The geek themed soap company with create a series of highly detailed soaps based on Dragon Ball Z.
- Everything Legwear: The well-known merchandiser of licensed hosiery in the pop culture space will produce a new themed collection of socks based on Dragon Ball Super.
- FUN.com: A top supplier of Halloween costumes will continue producing its collection costumes, wigs, masks and accessories based on characters from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z
- Funko: Producer of the globally popular Pop! Vinyl line of collectibles will create a new collection of characters from the Dragon Ball franchise.
- Great Eastern Entertainment: The leading manufacturer of licensed anime and entertainment merchandise will create a new collection of accessories based on Dragon Ball Super. This includes developing t-shirts, cut and sew tops, jackets, hoodies, sweatshirts, pajama onesies and lounge pants.
- IDW Publishing: One of the top publishers of comic books and graphic novels will create a new collection of themed non-collectible board, tile-laying games as well as dice games based on Dragon Ball Z.
- JCorp: Will launch a range of “Dragon Ball Z”-branded apparel, including men’s sleepwear and loungewear, men’s swimwear, t-shirts, tank tops, muscle tops, hoodies, popovers, activewear, shorts, joggers and jackets, as well as women’s long and short sleeve t-shirts, fashion tops, hoodies, popovers, leggings and joggers.
- Just Toys International: The global toy company specializing in licensed toys and gifts will create new collections of themed plush clips, plush figures and mini posters based on Dragon Ball Super as well as themed plush clips and plush figures based on Dragon Ball Z.
- Rabbit Tanaka: A major manufacturer of innovative licensed products will continue producing themed wall décor, lighting, clocks, dartboards, pool cue sticks and rotational molded banks based on Dragon Ball Z.
- Surreal Entertainment: The leading manufacturer of fan-driven licensed merchandise will continue producing themed home goods, auto accessories, coin banks, game dice and desktop accessories based on Dragon Ball Z.
- Trends International: The leading supplier of licensed posters, calendars, stickers and social will produce a new collection of themed posters in a variety of sizes based on Dragon Ball Super.