8-player, 4-vs-4 online team battles, large 3D stages, acrobatic, wall running ninja action – these are a few of the features in Bandai Namco Entertainment and Soleil Ltd’s new Naruto game, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker! The style seems different from CyberConnect2’s acclaimed STORM series and fans have voice their opinion on the game looking previous-generation in the graphics department. A new scan from popular Japanese gaming magazine, Famitsu, gives us a hint why that may possibly be. Written last week, Famitsu mentions the game is only 40% complete. They didn’t detail anything additional, so we are left to believe the first trailer for the game (above) was released April 6, so that build was an even earlier version of the game.
Famitsu did mention more information on multiplayer is expected to be revealed soon. When exactly is soon is currently unknown, but the 2017 iteration of popular video game expo E3 is just around the corner (it will take place from June 13 to June 15) so that could be the perfect venue to share new details.
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker is slated to be released on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam. A release date has not yet been announced at this time. Anime Games Online hopes to have additional information on the game as soon as it has been announced.
Below is fact sheet with the description and key features announced thus far for the game.
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker is a multiplayer online ame set in the universe of Naruto. Players will have the pleasure of fighting with their favorite characters and discovering a new gameplay style set in thrilling 3D environments with a completely new graphic style! Cooperate with your friends to become the greatest shinobi!
- Four-versus-four team based gameplay with eight ninjas fighting simultaneously; play co-op with your friends to become the best ninjas
- Enjoy a new graphic style with more vivid colors for characters, maps, and ninjutsu!
- Dynamic third-person ninja gameplay lets players take advantage of the arena environment verticality by jumping and running onto the wall and maps.
- Features favorite Naruto characters and teams from the series including Naruto, Sasuke, and Team 7.
- Players: One to eight (online connection required)
- Text: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish
- Voices: English, Japanese
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker Official Website, Fact Sheet
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker First Official Trailer
Two New PS4 Naruto Games – Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker, Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy