The 2016 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) has come to an end and at Anime Games Online, it’s all been about Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2! Mirian Botton (Reporter at Bandai Namco) recently spoke with Denny Chiu (Director, Communications & Social Media at Bandai Namco) and Masayuki Hirano (Producer at Bandai Namco) about the latest Dragon Ball MMO/RPG/action-fighter.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will have English and Japanese voice overs. The American version of the game will have subtitles in English, Spanish, and Brazilian-Portugese (along with French). Bandai Namco would have liked to have voice overs in other languages as well, however, the development schedule was unable to allow for it so only English and Japanese were included.
- There will be a Future Goku in the game. (Although we at Anime Games Online think Bandai Namco may have accidentally said that and meant Future Gohan from Dragon Ball Z Special Movie:The History of Trunks)
- The races from Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 will return to Xenoverse 2, but there will be some differences. More information will be revealed at a later date
- The challenge working on Xenoverse 2 is how to make it different and deliver a new experience from Xenoverse 1.
- There will be DLC and free updates in Xenoverse 2. Not much can be said at this time, but Bandai Namco is focusing on free updates because they want players to play the game for a really long time.
- Hirano-san said he was able to accomplish a lot with Xenoverse 1. He is going to able to accomplish everything he wants with Xenoverse 2 within the game itself and if there is something that is unable to be addressed, then it will be with DLC.
- In terms of story, new players and veterans of Xenoverse will be able to enjoy it.
- The story of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 takes place a few years after Xenoverse 1
- Those who played Xenoverse 1 will be able to transfer their character to Xenoverse 2. That character is considered a hero in Xenoverse 2 and will play a part in the story. Some (but not all) items and costumes will also be transferred over.
- The reason Mira and Towa were not killed in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1’s ending was because Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama did not want them to be killed. They were created by Toriyama-sensei and were set to appear in other Dragon Ball games so they couldn’t kill them off.
- In Xenoverse 1, there were random item/attack/costume drops. Due to immense fan feedback, this system will be changed for Xenoverse 2. More details will be revealed in the future.
- The number of DLC Packs for Xenoverse 1 was planned during development. Once the base game was finished, the developers realized there was a little more they wanted to do so that’s when they worked on the DLC’s. There was nothing intentionally left out to hold on for another project.
In a separate interview, which was live-streamed by popular games site IGN on Thursday, June 16, Hirano-san revealed:
- Online features will be a focus in Xenoverse 2. This includes events, quests, and missions so players can really interact with each other.
- There will be a handful of movie characters in Xenoverse 2 like Lord Slug and Turles. Their presentation will be a bit different from what we may expect.
- The overall concept of Xenoverse 2 is two generations. For example – Gohan/Trunks (teacher/student), Bardock/Goku (father/son), and Xenoverse 1’s Time Patroller/Xenoverse 2’s Time Patroller. This concept is a key factor when it comes to the story of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Ball Super started after content and features for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 were locked down internally by the development team. It’s something currently being investigated what content from Dragon Ball Super can be included for Xenoverse 2.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Import Your Time Patroller from Xenoverse 1
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Training Mode, Dragon Ball Super, Transformations
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: New Hub (Conton City), Updated Multiplayer, Screenshots
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: First Gameplay Video Released
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 at E3 Images
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: First Two Scans
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Trailer Reveals 2016 Release
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is an action-fighting game with MMO and RPG elements in development by Dimps. It is expected to be published by Bandai Namco Entertainment in Autumn 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam.