Bandai Namco Entertainment announced last week, One Piece: Burning Blood will have support-only characters. Six support characters were announced (with more coming in the future). Via gameplay, it has been revealed support characters will be in addition to the playable characters. In other words, each team can consist of up to three playable characters and three support characters.
In regards to the six support characters that were announced last week, details of their abilities have been revealed:
- Dr. Kureha is a 139-year-old doctor who lives in Drum Kingdom. Activating her heals the controlled character.
- The Square Sisters are two sisters who are completely loyal to Franky. They can increase the attack strength of characters without Haki.
- Laboon is a large Island Whale living at “Twin Cape,” the exit to Reverse Mountain. When activated, it increases defense each team an ally falls.
- Karoo is captain of the Super Spot-Billed Duck Squad from Alabasta Kingdom. He can temporarily grant health regeneration and increased attack.
- Curly Dadan is the boss of a family of bandits, and Ace and Luffy’s adoptive mother. She can temporarily increase attack strength based on the enemy’s enhancements.
- Bepo is a member of the Heart Pirates. He makes it so that the player can activate Unity Assist once without using the Burst Gauge.
You can take a look at gameplay from a new event demo that features 21 playable characters (Luffy, Ace, Sabo, Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Franky, Chopper, Whitebeard, Marco, Juzo, Hancock, Bartolomeo, Sengoku, Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji, Fujitora, Smoker, Enel, and X Drake) and the previously mentioned six support characters.
There are, of course, many other characters that are not in the above gameplay, but that have been confirmed. There are over 35 playable characters confirmed thus far – Monkey D. Luffy (pre-timeskip), Nami, Nico Robin, Brook, Roronoa Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Tony Tony Chopper, Franky, Knight of the Sea Jinbe, Edward Newgate (Whitebeard), Marco the Phoenix, Marine Admiral Akainu, Boa Hancock, Perona, Portgas D. Ace, Sabo, Donquixote Doflamingo, Crocodile, Enel, Trafalgar Law, Bartolomeo, Smoker, X Drake, Kuzan/Aokiji, Eustass Kid, Fujitora/Issho, Jozu, Dracule Mihawk, Sengoku the Buddha, Gekko Moriah, Bartholomew Kuma, and Kizaru/Borsalino. You can take a look at gameplay for them in some of our previous posts, links to which can be found below in the ‘Related’ section.
One Piece: Burning Blood – Support-Only Characters Announced
One Piece: Burning Blood – Blackbeard, Kuma, Hancock Gameplay
One Piece: Burning Blood Gets New Story Mode Trailer
One Piece: Burning Blood – Marines vs Pirates Gameplay, Battle without Support
One Piece: Burning Blood – New Screenshots, Mihawk, Sengoku, Moriah, Kuma Confirmed
One Piece: Burning Blood – Paramount War Mode, Jozu Confirmed Playable
One Piece: Burning Blood – New Pre-Order Bonuses, Official European Release Date
One Piece: Burning Blood – Over 80 New Screenshots of Latest Characters
One Piece: Burning Blood Trailer 4: Girls Show Their Skills
One Piece: Burning Blood – Swimsuit Costumes DLC Confirmed
One Piece: Burning Blood – Hancock, Robin, Nami, Perona Join Roster
One Piece: Burning Blood – Over 300 Screenshots
One Piece: Burning Blood – Language Options, New Gameplay
One Piece: Burning Blood is a fighting game in development by Spike Chunsoft that will be published by Bandai Namco Entertainment on April 21 in Japan, May 31 in North America, and June 3 for Europe. The game will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, PC/Steam, and Xbox One.