Koei Tecmo and Omega Force’s Attack on Titan game hit Japanese retailers on February 18, 2016. In its first week on sale, Japanese data gathering and analysis company, Media Create, reports the game sold a total of 150,682 copies! The game saw the most success on PS Vita with 62,111 copies sold, while the PS4 version followed with 61,156 copies sold and the PS3 version had 27,415 copies sold.
Below are the top 10 games in Japan, based on sales, between the period of February 15 and February 21. Since Attack on Titan was released on February 18, the sales numbers are actually just four days worth!
Rank. [Platform] Game Title (Publisher) – Copies Sold
01. [PSV] Kan Colle Kai (Kadokawa Games) – 140,757
02. [PSV] Attack on Titan (Koei Tecmo) – 62,111
03. [PS4] Attack on Titan (Koei Tecmo) – 61,156
04. [PS4] Street Fighter V (Capcom) – 41.990
05. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo) – 41.736
06. [PS4] Project Setsuna (Square Enix) – 33.629
07. [PSV] Project Setsuna (Square Enix) – 27.994
08. [PS3] Attack on Titan (Koei Tecmo) – 27,415
09. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final (Atlus) – 14,408
10. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo (Square Enix) – 13,239
Attack on Titan Game Opening, Cleaning Levi Gameplay
Attack on Titan: New Gameplay
Attack on Titan: Titan Eren Gameplay, Bonus Costumes, Story Mode
Attack on Titan Game’s Online Four-Player Co-Op Will Be Added as DLC
Attack on Titan: New Video Shows Battle System & Pre-Order DLC
Attack on Titan Gameplay Has Levi, Eren Down Titans
Attack on Titan is an action game developed by Omega Force and to be published by Koei Tecmo in Japan on February 18, 2016. It will be released at an unannounced date in Spring 2016 in North America and Europe for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.