2-D Dragon Ball Z fighting returns with fast-paced, hard-hitting action in Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden! Featuring 25 playable characters and over 100 support characters from the Dragon Ball Z universe, feel the destructive power of bone-crushing blows as you execute and chain together multi-hit combos. Command character specific move-sets and unleash epic Super Moves to deal devastating damage!
“Following the success of Dragon Ball Xenoverse, we wanted to keep on bringing awesomeness to our fans and make them as happy as ever. Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe is listening to fans and will keep on surprising them over the next few years! In the meantime, everybody will enjoy a high quality fighting-game based on one of the most emblematic Anime & Manga ever created!” said Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of Marketing & Digital at Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe.
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden was announced today by Bandai Namco Games for the Nintendo 3DS and it will be making its way to Europe, Middle-East and Australasia on October 16th and the Americas on October 20th. The game will contain the following features:
- Over 100 characters from the Dragon Ball Z universe including fan favorites such as Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Freiza and Cell! Play as characters from the new Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F’ animated film
- Developed by Arc System Works, a fan-favorite fighting game developer
- Fast-paced 2-D fighting engine – Perform advanced ground & air combos
- Form your ultimate Dragon Ball Z team and command them in a Team Battle! Re-create legendary showdowns from the animated series!
- Call upon z-assist characters in the midst of battle to take gameplay to a whole new level!
- Multiple Game Modes:
Z-Story – Play the game as one of your favorite Dragon Ball Z characters
Adventure Mode – Take on missions across eight regions where you can find gear and companions
Extreme World Tournament – Become the World Tournament Champion in this extremely challenging mode
Battle Mode – Select a character and battle against CPU opponents
Versus Mode – Battle another player via local wireless connection
Quest Mode – Create, view and trade Guild Cards via StreetPass
Take a look at video from the Japanese version of the game, which was released on June 11, 2015. It’s unclear if anything will differ for the Western versions, but if it does, we hope to let you know right here on Anime Games Online!
These are the 25 playable characters in the game. Anyone not mentioned below is a support-only character called a Z-Assist. Support-only characters include SSGSS Vegeta and Golden Frieza.
- Goku (Super Saiyan)
- Goku (Super Saiyan God)
- Goku (SSGSS)
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
- Teen Gohan
- Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan 2)
- Adult Gohan (Mystic)
- Adult Gohan (Super Saiyan)
- Future Trunks (Super Saiyan)
- Gotenks (Super Saiyan)
- Frieza (Final Form)
- Android 18
- Cell (Perfect)
- Kid Buu
- Majin Buu
- Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)