Bandai Namco Games announced last week players in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle-East, and across Australasia would be able to obtain various characters (such as GT Goku, GT Trunks, Pan, and Jaco), quests, costumes, and special moves for Dragon Ball Xenoverse through DLC. For the USA, it was announced each pack would be priced at $9.99 is purchasing individually or $24.99 if paying for the three planned packs upfront (known as a season pass).
Retailer GameStop has made the season pass available for pre-order in the USA for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Xbox One. When Anime Games Online checked for the 360 version, we didn’t see it, but we’re sure it will be available sooner or later. The packs and season pass will be available to purchase from the PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace at a later date. GameStop lists the season pass can be downloaded on February 24, 2015, although we’d go with Bandai Namco on this one as they announced the first DLC pack will be downloadable in March. Below is what has been announced thus far as the contents for each pack. The unannounced contents will be announced at a later date.
DLC Pack 1
- 3 playable characters: GT Goku, Pan & GT Trunks
- 4 Time Patrol quests
- 12 Quests
- 5 Additional costumes
- 15 Special Moves for the players’ custom characters, such as Final Shine Attack, Power Pole combos, and the Spirit Bomb
DLC Pack 2
- Unannounced Exclusive Playable Character
- Unannounced Quests
- Unannounced Special moves
- Unannounced Costumes
DLC Pack 3
- Jaco the Space Patroller playable character
- Turtle Hermit set
(sunglasses, Turtle Hermit’s Shell, Turtle Hermit’s Beard, Turtle Hermit’s Aloha Shirt)
- More content currently unannounced
The packs are not the only DLC announced thus far. Saiyan 4 Vegeta and two Frieza soldier costumes will be available as a free Day 1 Edition bonus. Typically, if you pre-order Dragon Ball Xenoverse, you should get the Day 1 edition, although in some instances that may not be the case. Check with your local retailer for information on if they will carry the Day 1 Edition.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Guidebook Mentions 47 Playable Characters
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Gotenks, Vegeta, Android 18 Gameplay
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: New Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta vs Omega Shenron Scan
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Great Ape Baby, GT Trunks, Kid Goku, Pan (DLC)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Game Producer Interview Shows New Footage
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: 20 Minutes of Gameplay (Goku, Trunks, 18, More)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Demigra Revealed, SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron Confirmed
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Dark Gotenks, Gohan, Vegeta and More
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Commercial 2, Japanese Release Stays February 5
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse American Release Delayed
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Delayed in Europe, Middle-East, and Australasia
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Achievements and Trophies
Dragon Ball Xenoverse will be making it’s way to the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. It will offer in-game transformations, characters with the most detailed facial expressions ever seen in the Dragon Ball universe and new cel shaded graphics. Players will be able to create their own character and take it into battle to fight against familiar faces from the world of Dragon Ball and the created characters of other players online. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse is in development by Dimps (the company behind the Budokai series) and will be published by Bandai Namco Games in Japan on February 5th, North America on February 24th, and Europe on February 27th.