Bandai Namco Games has today announced new characters will be making their way to Dragon Ball Xenoverse in the form of DLC! In the playable arena is Trunks, Kid Goku, and Pan from Dragon Ball GT. Jaco the Space Patroller, the main character in the Jaco the Galactic Patrolman manga by Dragon Ball Z creator Toriyama-sensei, will also be available as DLC. Along with playable characters come goodies that can be equipped to created characters – costumes for Launch and Spike the Devil Man and special attacks such as Final Shine Attack and Spirit Ball. These are all paid DLC through that will cost $24.99 if purchasing together and up-front (known as a season pass) or $9.99 each if purchasing separately, with the first pack hitting the PlayStation Store, Xbox Marketplace, and Steam in March 2015. Here is the breakdown of what’s been announced, we’re sure specifics will come in the future.
- DLC Pack 1 (Available in March 2015)
3 playable characters: GT Goku, Pan & GT Trunks; 4 Time Patrol quests; 12 Quests; 15 New Special Moves for the players’ avatars; 5 new costumes
- DLC Pack 2 (release date to be confirmed later):
Exclusive Playable Characters, Quests, Special moves and costumes
- DLC Pack 3 (release date to be confirmed later):
Turtle Hermit set, Jaco the Space Patroller and highly exclusive content!
Great Ape Baby will also be in the game, as shown in the screenshots. It’s not mentioned if he will be playable, but Anime Games Online assumes he will be a quest boss that must be defeated. We’ll make sure to update you if we hear something different. Along with Great Ape Baby are screenshots of the recently confirmed Omega Shenron and Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta from Dragon Ball GT, Vegeta as part of the Ginyu Force, and a few other characters from the series.
Last, but not least, enjoy some character art for Demigra (the ultimate villain in the game), Dark Vegeta, Dark Gohan, Dark Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, Master Roshi, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, and Jaco.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Game Producer Interview Shows New Footage
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: 20 Minutes of Gameplay (Goku, Trunks, 18, More)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Demigra Revealed, SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron Confirmed
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Dark Gotenks, Gohan, Vegeta and More
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Commercial 2, Japanese Release Stays February 5
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse American Release Delayed
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Delayed in Europe, Middle-East, and Australasia
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Achievements and Trophies
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Gohan, Cell, Buu, Vegito Gameplay
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Trailer 3 and Screenshots
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: God Goku, SS4 Goku, Super 17, Beerus, Whis Gameplay
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: New Gameplay, Over 75 Minutes with Bandai Namco
Dragon Ball Xenoverse will be making it’s way to the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. It will offer in-game transformations, characters with the most detailed facial expressions ever seen in the Dragon Ball universe and new cel shaded graphics. Players will be able to create their own character and take it into battle to fight against familiar faces from the world of Dragon Ball and the created characters of other players online. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse is in development by Dimps (the company behind the Budokai series) and will be published by Bandai Namco Games in Japan on February 5th, North America on February 24th, and Europe on February 27th.