Its been nearly a week since Jump Festa, the two day expo in Japan featuring the likes of popular anime/manga series, concluded, but the information from the event continues! The latest is an interview with Koji Nakajima, producer at Bandai Namco Games, by the good people over at J-Patrol. Speaking through a translator, Nakajima-san answers questions on the story, multiplayer, and more. Anime Games Online has listed the key points of the interview interview from our understanding and interpretation along with the original video interview itself.
- Will there be a VS mode in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3? No, this is a game from the warriors series so the focus is on the exhilarating feeling wiping out countless enemies.
- Will there be a PC release of the game? Yes
- How many playable characters will One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 have At this time Nakajima-san can’t say, but there will be a lot. The game is being considered as a compilation of both Pirate Warriors games. (Anime Games Online Note: In other words, likely everybody in the first two games and more).
- What parts of the One Piece manga will Pirate Warriors 3 will cover? From the very beginning of One Piece in Fushia Village to the latest Dressrosa arc.
- Does the game bring new gameplay features to the player? Yes, there is the Kizuna Rush, which summons characters to perform a team combo attack.
- In the first game in the Pirate Warriors series, there were arcs missing such as Thriller Bark and Skypiea, were they included in Pirate Warriors 3? Yes, the goal is to add in everything that couldn’t be added into Pirate Warriors 1. The One Piece stories and stages that were missing in the past titles will be recreated in the game with the Warriors game system.
- Will players be able to play cooperatively with friends to finish missions? At this time the question can’t be answered. In Pirate Warriors 1 and 2 there were cooperative features and One Piece is about friendships and bonds so something close to a cooperative feature is in the thoughts of the team behind the title.
- The first Pirate Warriors game featured a lot of puzzles and exploration, while Pirate Warriors 2 did not. Will Pirate Warriors 3 have puzzles and exploration? No, Pirate Warriors 3 is based on Pirate Warriors 2 because of all the positive fan feedback from fans so there won’t be much in terms of exploration or puzzles, but players will be able to play in a really large stage.
- What is the resolution and frame rate of Pirate Warriors 3? The PS4 will be in full HD. Some of the game will run in 60 frames per second while others will not.
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Information, Screenshots, Art
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3: Relive the One Piece Story, New Screenshots, Art
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3: Release Date
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3: Two Character Team Specials
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3: HD Trailer
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Coming to PS4, PS3, PS Vita
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is the latest adventure in the One Piece video games series. It will include the largest roster of characters in a Pirate Warriors game, with newcomers like Sabo, Donquixote Doflamingo, and Issho/Fujitora. Players will be able to re-experience the original One Piece story, starting with Luffy’s humble beginnings at Fushia Village to the latest Dressrosa arc. The game will be making its way to Japan for the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita on March 26, 2015. North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, and Australasia will receive it sometime in the Summer of 2015 for PC/Steam, PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.