Jump Festa, the two day expo in Japan featuring the likes of popular anime/manga series has concluded, but the greatness continues! The latest is an interview with Masayuki Hirano, producer at Bandai Namco Games, by the good people over at J-Patrol. Speaking through a translator, Hirano-san answers questions on characters, DBGT, stages, and more. Anime Games Online has listed the key points of the interview interview from our understanding and interpretation along with the original video interview itself.
- Great Ape Vegeta was recently revealed to be in Xenoverse. Are there any other giants making their way to the game? Hirano-san did not say, but it was mentioned players will be able to fight against the Great Ape versions of Vegeta and Nappa in the story and co-op quest missions.
- A past V-Jump scan showed a giant custom Namekian. Is this something players can transform into?
No, players will not be able to transform, but they can customize the body type when creating the character.
- Will the story mode include the three main DBGT chapters featuring Baby, Super 17, and Li Shenron (also known as Syn Shenron)?
The game focuses on Dragon Ball Z mainly, but GT characters will be in the game and developer Dimps is looking at ways to implement the story though avenues such as DLC.
- How many playable characters will be included from the world of Dragon Ball/Z/GT?
The specific number can’t be announced yet, but there will be a lot.
- When will the entire roster of characters be revealed?
- How many stages will the game have?
More than 20. (Anime Games Online note: the select screens from an earlier build show 24 exactly).
- In the Xenoverse stream by Bandai Namco America a few weeks ago, Frieza’s forms were separate characters rather than transformations, with two forms missing. Will this be the case in the final game?
Yes, Friea can’t transform and neither can Cell or Buu
- Will there be any characters of costumes from the up-coming Dragon Ball Z 2015 Movie, Revival of “F”?
Bandai Namco is listening to the fans desire, but it has not decided yet.
- Jaco the Galatic Patrolman has been confirmed as a playable character in the Japanese version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Will he make his way to the game in other territories?
Yes, he will be in the game, but the avenue to make him available has not yet been decided.
- Will characters be able to transform into Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3?
Characters can go Super Saiyan 2, but not Super Saiyan 3. Implementing Super Saiyan 3 will be the next challenge for Dimps. (Anime Games Online assumes this means for a future Dragon Ball game)
- Will the Android race be available (like Cell) in Xenoverse?
No, but some (not all) of the elements can be reproduced with the races available in the game.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse Trailer 3 and Screenshots December 21, 2014
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: God Goku, SS4 Goku, Super 17, Beerus, Whis Gameplay December 20, 2014
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: New Gameplay, Over 75 Minutes with Bandai Namco December 5, 2014
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Combo Showcase November 25, 2014
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: 15 Second Commercial November 24, 2014
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Trailer 2, English HD Extended September 21, 2014
- Dragon Ball: Xenoverse Trailer (PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360) June 10, 2014
Dragon Ball Xenoverse will be making it’s way to the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. It will offer in-game transformations, characters with the most detailed facial expressions ever seen in the Dragon Ball universe and new cel shaded graphics. Players will be able to create their own character and take it into battle to fight against familiar faces from the world of Dragon Ball and the created characters of other players online. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse is in development by Dimps (the company behind the Budokai series) and will be published by Bandai Namco Games in Japan on February 5th, Europe on February 13th and North America on February 17th.