Dragon Ball Z has returned home to the Toonami programming block in the form of Dragon Ball Z Kai! This past weekend was the show’s debut on Adult Swim / Cartoon Network in the United States and it lead the pack with 912,000 viewers! Attack on Titan followed with 835,000 viewers and Naruto Shippuden took third place with 808,000 viewers.
Dragon Ball Z Kai airs at midnight on Sundays, although in their schedule, Adult Swim lists 12:00 AM on Saturday. The series began with episode 1, “Prologue to Battle! The Return of Goku!” and will continue this coming weekend with episode 2, “The Enemy is Goku’s Brother?! The Secret of the Mighty Saiyan Warriors”.
Take a look at the number of viewers for all of the Toonami’s shows for this past weekend, as reported by American research company Nielsen Media. The first show (Attack on Titan) aired on Saturday, November 8 at 11:30 PM. The last show (The Big O) began at 5:30 AM on Sunday, November 9th and concluded at 6:00 AM. All timings are Eastern/Pacific.
- Dragon Ball Z Kai – 912,000 viewers (12:00 AM)
- Attack on Titan – 835,000 viewers (11:30 PM)
- Naruto Shippuden – 808,000 viewers (12:30 AM)
- One Piece – 713,000 viewers (1:00 AM)
- Gurren Lagann – 591,000 viewers (1:30 AM)
- Hellsing Ultimate – 580,000 viewers (2:00 AM)
- Ghost in the Shell – 484,000 viewers (4:30 AM)
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood- 477,000 viewers (4:00 AM)
- Space Dandy – 472,000 viewers (3:00 AM)
- Cowboy Bebop – 470,000 viewers (3:30 AM)
- Samurai Jack – 442,000 viewers (5:30 AM)
- The Big O – 436,000 viewers (5:30 AM)