Naruto Storm Revolution is finally available and ninja are gathering worldwide to test their might against one another! In Japan alone, over 40K ninjas are battling it out. Well, to be more precise, over 40K copies have been sold in the first four days the game was on the market. The sales figures come from the Japanese analytics company MediaCreate who closeley monitors the numbers in the Land of the Rising Sun. Naruto Storm Revolution was released September 11, 2014 in Japan, while the reporting period for figures was between September 8, 2014 and September 14, 2014.
It’s worth noting sales numbers are only for the PS3 version as the 360 version did not make the top 20 reported by MediaCreate. Anyways, so you’re wondering, how did Naruto Storm Revolution do in comparison to all the other Storm games? As much as we love the game, we hate to say the sales figures put it at the worst! Storm 3 sold more than double Revolution in its first four days on the Japanese market and even the first Storm had higher numbers.
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 87,661
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations 65,758
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 – 63,675
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja – 43,268
- Naruto Shppuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution – 40,180 copies sold
Not only was the game fifth in the Naruto series in sales, but it was in fifth overall in sales for the week. Combined with the fact many have moved onto the PlayStation 4, there were a few huge titles released last week in Japan. Take a look at the top 10 in terms of sales.
- [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS – 944,644 (New, Released September 13)
- [PS4] Destiny – 91,277 (New, Released September 11)
- [PS3] Destiny – 49,503 (New, Released September 11)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke – 47,065
- [PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution – 40,180 (New, Released September 11)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest X Online – 22,977
- [PSV] Toukiden Kiwami – 15,338
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 – 6,839 (665,918)
- [3DS] Yoshi’s New Island – 5,734
- [3DS] Yokai Watch – 4,898
How has Naruto Storm Revolution done in North America and Europe? Sales for those are not yet available, but we would venture to guess they exceed Japan’s figures due to popularity of Xbox 360 in addition to PS3 and the popularity of the orange-clad ninja in both regions, which have larger populations!
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution is the latest game in Bandai Namco and CyberConnect2’s acclaimed Naruto Storm series. The game contains stories never before seen in the Naruto anime/manga, including the Creation of Akatsuki, Shisui’s back-story, and Kushina’s interaction with Minato’s and his team. In addition, there will be new combination team jutsus, over 100 playable characters, and 50 minutes of exclusive anime footage. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution was released for the PS3 and Xbox 360 in Japan on September 11, Europe on September 12, and North America on September 16. The PC version made its way to PC/Steam on September 15th.