The Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z demo has been out for a few weeks now. Some of you may seen Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, and Saibaman flying around delivering blows online. How is this possible? Well, the demo has data for these characters and all that is needed to access them is a little cheat file! Thanks to SergioM3, we are able to share how this can be done right here on Anime Games Online! Just follow the instructions below and you should be good to go!
NOTE: This tutorial is for the PS3 demo only! Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, and Saibaman are only useable in the demo’s “Battle Mode”. Also, try this only at your own risk! You could lose your save data if done incorrectly.
- First copy your Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z save file from the PS3 to a USB drive.
- Download this cheat file and the Brute Force Save Data program.
- Install Brute Force Save Data onto your computer. Please remember where you install it
- Plug in your USB drive to your computer and go to the PS3/SAVEDATA folder. You should see a folder named NPUB90983_GAMEDATA_00
- Copy NPUB90983_GAMEDATA_00 from your USB drive to the “Saves” folder on your computer, which is in the “Brute Force Save Data” folder
- Unextract the cheat file (which you already have downloaded) and place it in the “Cheats” folder located within the “Brute Force Save Data” folder
- Launch the Brute Force Save Data program
- In Brute Force Save Data, highlight the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z save and click “Decrypt PFD” and then “Decrypt All Files”. Say “Yes” if it asks if you want to decrypt “DATA.BIN”
- Click “Cheats” and then “Apply Cheats”
- With the check box next to “Unlock Characters + Spirit Bomb (Working)” ticked, click “Apply”
- Click “Encrypt PFD” and then “Encrypt All Files”. Say “Yes” if asked if you want to encrypt the selected files.
- From the “Brute Force Save Data” folder, copy the NPUB90983_GAMEDATA_00 back to your USB drive and make sure it’s in the same hierarchy as before – PS3/SAVEDATA
- Copy the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z save file from your USB to the PS3 and make sure to overwrite the current file.
- Launch Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z and go to “Battle Mode”. You can now select Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, and Saibaman!
What about the Spirit Bomb? How can one unlock and use it? If you already followed the tutorial above, just equip Goku with the “Ultimate Jewel” card, as shown in the video below. As far as we know, in the demo at least, the Spirit Bomb can only be launched in story mode. Of course you have to get your energy meter full first.
If you are wondering about how to get Super Saiyan characters, then that’s not possible in the standard Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z demo. You will have to purchase the latest issue of V-Jump, which is only available in Japan. You can, however, watch footage from it by going here. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is less than a month away from it’s release so even if you don’t have the V-Jump demo or are unable to work the tutorial to unlock Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, or Saibaman right now, you will be able to experience all of this and more in Japan on January 23, 2014, Europe on January 24, 2014, and North America on January 28, 2014!