Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is making it’s way to North America, Japan, Europe, and Latin America for the Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, and Sony PS Vita. Namco Bandai Games has not yet officially announced a release date, but a GameStop (USA) employee has snapped a picture of a list that includes a March 31, 2014 date. Amazon.com and GameStop’s official website have also listed the game’s launch date as March 31, 2014.
Is this really when Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z will be released? We at Anime Games Online don’t think so, at least not for North America. The main reason is March 31, 2014 is a Monday. Games published by Namco Bandai are released on Tuesdays in North America so our guess is the date is just a placeholder. To be honest, we would not be surprised if the game was released this year. Anime Games Online took a look back at history, and Dragon Ball Z games are announced only a few months before the release date. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z was announced just last month in June, which would according to past releases, put the release date in the October-November timeframe. Again, this is just speculation on our part. We’ll definitely let you know the official release date as soon as it’s confirmed. For now, take a look at the release and announcement dates of past Dragon Ball Z games as a source of our speculation:
- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit – Tuesday, June 10, 2008 (announced January 2008)
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World – Tuesday, November 4, 2008 (announced August 2008)
- Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo – Tuesday, October 20, 2009 (announced June 2009)
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast – Tuesday, November 10, 2009 (announced July 2009)
- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 – Tuesday, November 2, 2010 (announced May 2010)
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi – Tuesday, October 25, 2011 (announced May 2011)
- Dragon Ball Z for Kinect – Tuesday, October 9, 2012 (announced April 2012)
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection – Tuesday, November 6, 2012 (announced July 2012)
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z – Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo Art, New Screenshots
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z – Genki Meter, New Scan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Screenshots, Box Art, European Press Release
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Trailer
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Confirmed for North America, Latin America, Brazil
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is the latest game in the legendary DBZ series. It will host team-based combat with up to 8 players, including 4 on the same team. The game is confirmed for release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PSVita in Europe, North America, and Japan. No release date has not been announced yet for either region at this point in time.