Sales numbers for Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission are in thanks to Japanese data gathering and analysis company, Media Create. In week one at Japanese retailers, the game sold 88,386 copies! Since the game came out on February 28 and this data is until March 3, that means on average 22,096 copies of the game were sold a day!
That’s twice as good as the last Dragon Ball game to be released in Japan, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (titled Ultimate Blast in Japan). That game sold 44,593 copies on the PS3 in it’s first week at Japanese retailers.
Between the time period of Monday, February 25 to Sunday, March 3rd – the normal week duration for sales collection for video games – Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission was the 4th best selling game overall for the week.
- [PS3] Dynasty Warriors 8 (Tecmo Koei, 02/28/13) – 203,224
- [3DS] Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (Level-5, 02/28/13) – 130,686
- [PSV] Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Marvelous AQL, 02/28/13) – 94,324
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission (Namco Bandai, 02/28/13) – 88,386
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 73,615 (2,739,654)
- [PS3] Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe (Namco Bandai, 02/28/13) – 63,089
- [PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega, 02/28/13) – 61,227
- [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami, 02/21/13) – 60,394 (369,075)
- [PSP] Shining Ark (Sega, 02/28/13) – 54,837
- [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (Square Enix, 02/07/13) – 46,878
Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission was released in Japan on February 28, 2013. No release has been announced for North America or Europe at this time.