One Piece: Roman Dawn officially hits Japanese retailers and and the PlayStation Network for digital download on December 20, 2012. The team over at the popular Japanese magazine Famitsu have already experienced, and reviewed the first One Piece PSP game. The verdict? A 32/40! Famitsu generally has four reviewers who take the time to play the game and rate it out of 10. The compilation of their scores becomes the final Famitsu review score for the game. In other words, for One Piece: Romance Dawn, all four reviewers have given it a 8 out of 10, leading the final score to be a 32 out of 40.
Is this a good score or bad score? We think it’s pretty good, percentage-wise 32/40 is a 80%. When comparing with the last couple of One Piece games released, which date back to 2007, Romance Dawn is the 3rd highest rated. Check out below how One Piece: Romance Dawn compares to other One Piece games Famitsu has reviewed.
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3) – 9/9/9/9 (36/40)
- One Piece: Gigant Battle 2: New World (NDS) – 8/8/9/8 (33/40)
- One Piece: Romance Dawn (PSP) – 8/8/8/8 (32/40)
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (3DS) – 8/7/8/8 (31/40)
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 (Wii) – 8/8/8/7 (31/40)
- One Piece: Gigant Battle (NDS) – 8/7/8/7 (30/40)
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 2 (Wii) – 7/7/7/7 (28/40)
- One Piece: Gear Spirit (NDS) – 7/6/5/6 (24/40)
One Piece: Romance Dawn is a command based RPG for the Sony PSP. It will follow the One Piece manga story all the way from the beginning in East Blue and contain 30 minutes of anime-style footage. Players will be able to adventure through the One Piece world, engaging in battle to gain experience and improve abilities such as speed, defense, and attack strength. One Piece: Romance Dawn is scheduled to be released in Japan on December 20, 2012.