As for release date, GameStop lists March 31, 2013 while Amazon lists May 31, 2013. Namco Bandai Games has confirmed a Spring 2013 release date, and March/May 31st are in the Spring, but Anime Games Online highly doubts that either is the actual release date.
Why? Well, to answer that lets take a look at history!
2. March 31, 2013 is a Sunday, while May 31, 2013 is a Friday. CyberConnect2’s Naruto games in North America are always released on a Tuesday. Here are some examples:
– Tuesday, March 25, 2008 Ultimate Ninja 3
– Tuesday, June 24, 2008 Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2
– Tuesday, November 4, 2008 Ultimate Ninja Storm
– Tuesday, March 24, 2009 Ultimate Ninja 4
– Tuesday, October 6, 2009 Akatsuki Rising
– Tuesday, May 11, 2010 Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
– Tuesday, October 19, 2010 Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
– Tuesday, October 18, 2011 Ultimate Ninja Impact
– Tuesday, March 13, 2012 Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
It is, however, likely we will see a release date around March for Storm 3, just not March (or May) 31st. Anime Games Online predicts Namco Bandai will reveal the true release date in November or December for North America and Europe. As for Japan, we predict a reveal through Shonen Jump at around the same timeframe.
Whatever the final release date ends up being, though, we’re confident retailers will update their listings when possible. For now, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is available for pre-order (at least in the United States) so we should feel some excitement and maybe even take the chance to pre-order now!
Thanks Geo Sanchez for the tip!
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is Namco Bandai Games and CyberConnect2’s fourth entry in the Storm series. It will be available for the Sony PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Xbox 360 in Japan, North America, and Europe sometime Spring 2013.