The team over at GaaraFrance recently sat down to talk Naruto Generations with CyberConnect2 president, Hiroshi Matsuyama. The interview was originally in French, but we have attempted to translate to English (with Google Translate) and highlight some of the key items from it in a list-format below!
- Naruto Generations will be released March 30th in Europe.
- The European demo will be officially will released sometime this month (February).
- Among the modes in the game are VS, story, survival and online
- Among the modes online specifically are team battle, solo battle, ranked battle, and custom mode.
- Custom mode allows players to select their items for characters. From our understanding, and we could be wrong, it also seem you can take the opponent’s items.
- Some characters will have multiple jutsus, but most will not
- Weaker characters have been given attributes to balance them against stronger characters. The example given is Young Naruto might not have very destructive techniques, but he has been given speed to compensate.
- Sound 4 will likely be in a future Naruto game.
- There are still a few characters left to reveal.
- The game’s story mode will cover the beginning of the Naruto anime to what will be revealed in the Shippuden anime in March.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations is a 3D fighter in works by CyberConnect2 for the Sony PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Xbox 360. It will have a revamped online mode, 75 playable characters, and at least 35 stages. The game is scheduled to be published in Japan on February 23, 2012, North America on March 13, 2012, and March 30, 2012 in Europe. For more information, please visit the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations section.