One Piece: Gigant Battle 2: New World is officially hitting Japanese retailers in Japan next week! Popular Japanese magazine Famitsu has put in their two cents by giving the latest DS action fighter a total score of 33/40. Famitsu generally has four reviewers who take the time to play the game and rate it out of 10. The compilation of their scores becomes the total Famitsu review score for the game. In other words, for One Piece: Gigant Battle 2: New World, three reviewers gave it an 8/10 and one gave it a 9/10 for a total of 33/40.
Is this a good score or bad score? We think it’s pretty good, percentage-wise 33/40 is an 82.5%. When comparing with the last five One Piece games released actually, which dates back to 2007, Gigant Battle 2 has been given the highest rating of them all! Well done developer Ganbarion, well done! Check out below how Gigant Battle 2 compares to other One Piece games Famitsu has reviewed.
- One Piece: Gigant Battle 2: New World (NDS) – 8/8/9/8 (33/40)
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (3DS) – 8/7/8/8 (31/40)
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 (Wii) – 8/8/8/7 (31/40)
- One Piece: Gigant Battle (NDS) – 8/7/8/7 (30/40)
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 2 (Wii) – 7/7/7/7 (28/40)
- One Piece: Gear Spirit (NDS) – 7/6/5/6 (24/40)
One Piece: Gigant Battle 2: New World (also known as One Piece: Gigant Battle 2: Shin Sekai) is a 4-player action fighting game for the Nintendo DS featuring over 40 playable characters! The game is being developed by Ganbarion, the One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP team, and will be published by Namco Bandai Games November 17, 2011 in Japan. There is no word on a North American or European release date at this time.