CyberConnect2 has been quietly working on improving Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations and showcasing their updates at video game expos. At one of the latest expos, the Paris Games Show, a variety of “cancels” or substiution jutsus were shown. Anime Games Online has been going over and over the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations videos uploaded by YouTube user Popaloko95 from Paris Games Week 2011 to try and figure out the enhancements or at least changes have been made in the mechanics since Storm 2. We’ve put together a list of different types of substitution jutsus and enhancements below, but if we’ve missed anything, please let us know in the comments section along with the timestamp which it can be found.
- Substitution jutsu bar
- Substitution jutsu whe being attacked (:06)
- Substitution jutsu while performing melee attack (:09)
- Substitution jutsu while performing grab (:30)
- Quickly changing from melee attack to dash (:37)
- Substitution jutsu when opponent dashes into you (:53)
- Chakra air dash (:29 in the second video)
There have been other changes in at least this build of the demo of Generations vs Storm 2.
- Icon changes for Karen, Suigetsu, Sakura, Kakashi, Naruto
- New item – stun (1:00)
- New item – substitution log (1:15)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations is a 3D fighter in works by CyberConnect2 for the Sony PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Xbox 360. It is scheduled to be published in North America, Europe, and Japan by Namco Bandai Games in Spring 2012. For more information, please visit the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations section.