President of CyberConnect2, Hiroshi Matsuyama, recently sat down with the folks at Ruliweb.com and discussed Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact. There were a few interesting revelations, and since the interview isn’t in English, we’ll list them below!
- Generations will have more than 62 characters, which will be more than Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 5
- Generations will cover from the start of Naruto to the start of the war in Naruto Shippuden.
- In Generations, L2 will be a dedicated substiution jutsu button and R2 will be a dedicated guard button on the PS3
- In Generations, the circle button will be attack/melee. There will also be the ability to cancel (we’re unclear on this, but it seems like circle followed by triangle will be cancel)
- Matsuyama would like to develop a Naruto game on PS Vita. He’s not sure about 3DS or WiiU, but if there is an immense desire by the fans for Naruto on those consoles, they may try to see what can be done
- Many children and adults play PSP in Japan, sometimes more than PS3, so that is the reason Naruto Impact was put on the PSP rather then PS3
Thanks to Felipe Olimpio for pointing this out in the substitution jutsu post.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations is a 3D fighter in works by CyberConnect2 for the Sony PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Xbox 360. It is scheduled to be published in North America, Europe, and Japan by Namco Bandai Games in 2012. For more information, please visit the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations section.