Namco Bandai Games has posted a product page for the PSP adventure, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact! On there, they have posted the game’s story (well a marketing description), key features, and the official North American released date!
An interesting thing to note is that in the features list, Namco Bandai has listed 50 characters! In a press release back in May, it was stated over 20 characters will be available. Of course 50 is over 20, so the press release is right, but it’s interesting that the features and press release differ. We wonder if there will be around 20 selectable characters and if the rest are transformations or awakenings. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what surprises developer CyberConnect2 has for us!
HURRICANE FORCE! Re-live current Naruto anime storylines with large scale melee battles through a 360° degree rotating camera view with new updated playable characters from current anime & collect character card combinations to enable special player effects.
- Re-Live Current Naruto Storylines – Fans can experience their favorite anime storylines with crisp animation cut scenes in full VO and fight in epic battle sequences while executing famous finishing moves like Wind Style: Rasen Shuriken that re-creates the anime storyline
- Large Scale Battles – Test your skills against hordes of attacking enemy ninjas in frenzied large scale melee battles & emerge victorious using famous moves like Naruto’s Great Ball Rasengan & Shikamaru’s Shadow Stitching Jutsu!
- 360° Rotating Camera – Upgraded camera views enhance battles sequences that offer an exciting and immersive gameplay experience
- New Anime Characters – Over 50 characters including Gigantics like Eight Tails, Kakuzu & Gamabunta, including Awakenings features that enable incredible power and defense for short bursts
- Deep Missions – Over 100+ unique battles to experience over 8 stages and 25 custom designed missions
- Card Collection – Collect over 300+ character cards, create card combinations to enable special character power-ups
- Ad-Hoc Connected Play – Battle enemy ninja hordes together with friends in Tag Battle mode or go head-to-head in Versus Battle mode
- USA: October 18, 2011
- Japan: October 20, 2011
- Europe: October 21, 2011